So this is the thing. I am journaling, but I am not being very methodical. I am sure that I should be writing more what I am doing, where I am doing it and what is going on in my mind. At the moment, I am just b
So I want to try and improve the way I do this. I asked my new best mate, chat gpt what are the best practices for journaling, and this is what it said:
- Set a specific time and place for journaling: Consistency is key when it comes to journaling, so try to pick a time of day and a quiet, comfortable place where you can focus and be free of distractions.
- Choose a format that works for you: There are many ways to journal, such as writing longhand in a notebook, typing on a computer, or even recording audio or video. Experiment with different formats until you find one that feels comfortable and natural for you.
- Decide on a frequency: Determine how often you want to journal – daily, weekly, or whenever you feel the need to. Stick to your chosen frequency to establish a habit.
- Use prompts or questions: If you’re not sure what to write about, use prompts or questions to guide your journaling. Some common prompts include “What am I grateful for today?” or “What did I learn from a recent challenge?”.
- Write freely and honestly: Your journal is a safe space for you to express your thoughts and emotions freely and honestly. Don’t worry about grammar, spelling, or punctuation – just write what’s on your mind.
- Reflect on what you’ve written: Take some time to reflect on what you’ve written in your journal. This can help you gain insight into your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, and can lead to personal growth and self-awareness.
- Keep your journal private: Your journal is a personal and private space, so keep it somewhere safe and secure. You may also want to consider using a pseudonym or code words if you’re concerned about someone else reading your journal.
- Be kind to yourself: Finally, remember to be kind to yourself in your journaling practice. Treat yourself with compassion and understanding, and don’t judge yourself harshly for what you write.
So that is something to reflect on for tomorrow.
On the subject of chat gpt, I wanted to share some of my favourite prompts:
I will add to them going forward:
- Summarize this URL and use bulletpoints for all key takeaways, here is the URL:
- Please proofread and correct the following and then summarize the corrections.
In other journaling news, my weight has gone back up. I am being bad with my diet, so I need to dial it back in again. Weight this morning was 101kg. I blame it on the pizza after yesterday’s hash house harriers. And yesterdays steps were a rather better 15,120. So get that diet back in order and things should be good.